Literacy

free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

1.Choose an issue that is current and you are passionate about.

2. Reasearch this issue and state your position give evidence as to why you believe this.

3. Email this to Mr Dando and Mrs Todd and another student in the 5/6 Learning Community

For Current Issue on the News
I chose Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 and this is would I have found out I have have not write this in my on words put I will in a little bet.
Malaysia Airlines Flight 370

For the aircraft shot down over Ukraine, see Malaysia Airlines Flight 17.
Malaysia Airlines Flight 370

The missing aircraft, 9M-MRO in 2011
Incident summary
Date 8 March 2014
Summary Missing
Site Unknown
Passengers 227
Crew 12
Missing 239 (all)
Aircraft type Boeing 777-200ER
Operator Malaysia Airlines
Registration 9M-MRO
Flight origin Kuala Lumpur International Airport
Destination Beijing Capital International Airport
Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 (MH370/MAS370) was a scheduled international passenger flight that disappeared on Saturday, 8 March 2014, while flying from Kuala Lumpur International Airport to Beijing Capital International Airport. Air traffic control received the aircraft’s last message at 01:20 MYT (17:20 UTC, 7 March) when it was over the South China Sea, less than an hour after takeoff. It was last plotted by military radar at 02:15 over the Andaman Sea, 320 kilometres (200 mi) northwest of Penang state in northwestern Malaysia. At 07:24, Malaysia Airlines (MAS) reported the flight missing. The aircraft, a Boeing 777-200ER, was carrying 12 Malaysian crew members and 227 passengers from 15 nations.

A multinational search effort, which became the largest and most expensive in history, began in the Gulf of Thailand and the South China Sea, where the flight’s signal was lost on secondary surveillance radar, and was soon extended to the Strait of Malacca and Andaman Sea. On 15 March, based on military radar data and transmissions between the aircraft and an Inmarsat satellite, investigators concluded that the aircraft had diverted from its intended course and headed west across the Malay Peninsula, then continued on a northern or southern track for around seven hours.

The focus of the search shifted to the southern part of the Indian Ocean, west of Australia.:1 In the first two weeks of April, aircraft and ships deployed equipment to listen for signals from the underwater locator beacons attached to the aircraft’s “black boxes”. Four unconfirmed signals were detected between 6 and 8 April near the time the beacons’ batteries were likely to have been exhausted. A robotic submarine searched the seabed near the detected pings until 28 May, with no debris being found. An analysis of possible flight paths was conducted, identifying a 60,000 km2 (23,000 sq mi) search area, approximately 2,000 km (1,200 mi) west of Perth, Western Australia. The underwater search of this area began on October 5, 2014 and will last up to 12 months at a cost of A$60 million (approximately US$56 million or €41 million).

There has been no confirmation of any flight debris, and no crash site has been found, resulting in many unofficial theories about its disappearance. The only evidence of the plane’s flight path after it disappeared from military radar over the Andaman Sea are communications between the aircraft and a satellite over the Indian Ocean. Analysis of these communications by multiple agencies has concluded that the flight ended in the southern Indian Ocean. On 24 March, the Malaysian government, noting that the final location determined by the satellite communication was far from any possible landing sites, concluded that “flight MH370 ended in the southern Indian Ocean.”

At the time of its disappearance, and if the presumption of a loss of all lives aboard can be verified, Flight 370 would have been the deadliest aviation incident in the history of Malaysia Airlines and the deadliest involving a Boeing 777. Flight 370 was surpassed in both regards just 131 days later by the crash of another Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777, Flight 17, that was shot down over Ukraine on 17 July 2014, killing all 298 people aboard.

Dear Sean Phil
Hello my name is Kye. I have a sister in year three. I live in Torquay. I like footy, we are play our last game today. We are vsing Portarlington. I play in the back line I like to play forward I have only kicked 1 goal and 3 points. I am a good tackler, kick and marking. The other Torquay are better then as we have only bet one of them I go for the western bulldogs my favourite player in Sharn Higgins number 7. I am in year 5 and I’m 11. I like to surf, my Favourite place it surf in Jun Juc.
I have some questions for you. What sports do you play or like? Do you have brothers or sisters? How old are you And what year are you in? Do you live in Melbourne if so which suburb? What school to you go to? Can you go on to my blog?
From Kye
Blog http://kye85.global2.vic.edu.au/

Then he rote to me

Dear kye

As you may know my name is Sean Phil and I’m not really into sports but I am pretty good at athletics. My main obsession are games and Cooking, I play lots of genres of games such as Super Mario, Legend of Zelda and Kirby. (and if your wondering what consoles I have a Wii U, PS3 and a 3DS) For the cooking part of me I can cook almost all of the food I learnt cooking. I do have a sister she is older than me and if you want me to be more specific, she is in year 10. My school is S.t Peter Chanel, I am in year 6 and I am 11 years old and I live somewhere near Deer Park. I also went on your blog it was awesome

I have only 3 questions I want to ask you 1. Do you play more sports than that 2. can you tell me some of your friends and 3. Can you teach me how to make blog.

From Sean Phil

L.O- We are learning to analyse multi modal texts to compare to other texts, self and world.

Foci: 1) Compare a variety of texts and the meaning it is trying to portray. E.g- Home and away story to Heal the World song. Text to text, Text to Self and Text to World.2) Write a reflection on the texts. (200 words each entry) 3) On your Blog upload the various texts that you have researched (E.g- Embed the you tube clip on your Blog). 4) Choose at least three texts to analyse.

Mild

Navigate and read texts for specific purposes applying appropriate text processing strategies, for example predicting and confirming, monitoring meaning, skimming and scanning.
Use comprehension strategies strategies to analyse information, integrating and linking ideas from a variety of print and digital sources
this are three of the text I am doing.

For heal the world I have written text to text, text to self and text to world
I watched heal to the world by Michael Jackson it made me think of that had happened. Not just for me but people around the world. I have nerver been in been throw things like that. But I now people that have like my old friend from Sudan. He came from Sudan. He lived with his aunty and some of his family. They came to Australia because of war. My dad’s aunty used to take care of him but now his older. it was a good thing she did take care of him.

creation story
I did the rainbow serpent and the genesis story. Leah: think he used his time wisely and he expanded his learning by writing about the people around and what they were talking about. and he found out how the story’s were written for. overall I think he did a very good job.
kye: I think I managed my time good but I did a bit more big ldea then literacy I did well I completed the rainbow serpent and the genesis story. I think next time I could challge my self by doing red spice.

Creation Stories

L.O- We are learning about creation literature and researching the various historical, social and cultural contexts.

I am doing Green Spice

Identify aspects of literary texts that convey details or information about particular social, cultural and historical contexts ,2 perspectives ,Reference:Website, Author and Date

this is my 1oo word challenge can you please put a comment on the padlet wall the click on padlet

I was at the world cup. Australia was up by two goals. They were versus Brazil. Australia goal keeper get hurt. He came off on the starches. The only person that can play goal keeper is a center named is a great center named jack hall. He goes goal keeper and the substitute comes on. Brazil has the ball they go to kick it goes in the goals the scores 3 to 3 .but then they go to a kick off Australia wins the ball they get it to the Australia goals they kick it goes in end Australia win 3 to 4.